January Favorites!

February 10, 2016

I feel like the month of January passed by so quickly and I probably say this every month but this time it's true. There were so many things going on that I haven't had much time to write more posts and I'm disappointed about that so hopefully I could make up for it this month. But besides that, my makeup actually has been very minimal.

Let's start with primers. I always have a hard time finding a good primer because my skin is constantly changing. Some days my skin wants to be extremely oily, some days it decides to be dry, and other days it decides to be oily with dry patches. Luckily my skin didn't matter much whenever I used Lorac POREfection Mattifying Face Primer because it helped keep the oils in control and it balanced my skin type.

Ever since I purchased the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz months ago I've been using it all the time for my eyebrows, but in January I purchased the ABH Brow Powder Duo and I'm in love. Sometimes with the brow wiz I feel like it either goes on too lightly or too harsh, so I'll use this to fill in areas that are more sparse. I have the shade ebony and I love that the powder duo comes with a lighter shade so that you can won't go overboard.

January has been all about the eyes, for an eyeshadow base I've been going back to using the MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Soft Ochre. I used to love using this a while back and lately I've been finding that I could use this for an everyday look without any eyeshadows on top if I want to go for a no makeup makeup look. On days where I still want to wear a little more eyeshadow I like to wear the eyeshadows from Urban Decay's Naked Basics palette. I like to wear 'Naked 2' in my crease and then wear 'Foxy' all over the lids. For an inner corner highlight I've been loving the KIKO Infinity Eyeshadow (236 Pearly Champagne) (here's a link to the post I did), it's shimmery but it's not too intense. Whenever I wear this I feel like it makes me look more awake and lightens up my eyeshadow.

What were your favorites in January?

Bloglovin - Instagram - PinterestTwitter

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Perfect Shade of Mauve. Design by Fearne.