Essie Gel Couture Review

July 31, 2016

Essie Gel Couture
I would call myself a nail polish addict. How would you determine that you are one? Well, even if you own a billion nail polish colors you still feel the need to buy more. Sounds like you? Well at least you're not alone because I am the same way. I'm obsessed with the Essie nail polish formulas, so when I saw that they had a new one called the Essie Gel Couture, I was really excited to give it a try. Also lets be real, the new packaging drew me in.
I love Essie nail polishes almost as much as I love OPI. They last long and they have a variety of colors that I can choose from. So when I saw that this new collection had a lot of neutrals I went a little crazy and bought 3 shades even though the previous week I already bought a new nail polish. So when I went home and tried these out I was in shock at first because of how horrible the formula was and then I was in denial because I refused to believe that it was this bad.

It was one of those formulas that didn't completely dry down, I waited over two hours and it was still sort of wet. I don't know what the issue was because I had an amazing top coat that worked with every polish I ever used. After seeing how bad the formula was I decided to experiment and figure out what the problem was. I tried this without a base coat but it was still the same, I tried it without a top coat and it was still the same. So I went out to buy the gel top coat that goes along with this collection and it was still the same. I went out to buy a different top coat and it was still the same! To sum this up for you, nothing was working.

Essie Gel Couture
(From top to bottom: Spool Me Over 20, Sew Me 30, Pinned Up 60)

I was really disappointed because I was so in love with the colors and the new brush in this. It fit my nails perfectly and made the application so much easier. Unfortunately this wasn't good at all and I had to bring all 3 of these back to the store.
Essie Gel Couture

I really really really wanted to like these nail polishes but sadly they weren't the right formula for me. The reviews seem to be mostly positive but I might be that 1% who didn't along too well with it. For now I'll stick to their original formula - hopefully they add new shades to the original formula soon.

Have you tried the Essie Gel Couture Polishes?

Bloglovin - Instagram - PinterestTwitter

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Perfect Shade of Mauve. Design by Fearne.