July Favorites

August 4, 2016

I didn't do a June favorites post and I feel like that has made me confirm July's favorites even more because most of these products were going to be featured in that post too. I'm still learning how to balance my time more, I bought a new planner so I'll be giving myself deadlines for everything now. When the end of august rolls around I know that I'll be even busier because of school and work. But as of right now, I am still really trying to put all of my dedication into blogging. Enough with the rambling, it's time for me to reveal my favorites for the month of July.




Benefit cosmetics has really outdone themselves I feel like. Their new brow range is amazing, you know how I know that? When I asked my mom if she wanted anything from Sephora she mentioned wanting the "Ka Brow" from Benefit. I was truly shocked because she isn't so much into makeup, but she really wanted that brow product.

  • Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette - Who hasn't been talking about this palette? The moment it released every single person was raving about it and it truly is beautiful. The colors are definitely out of my comfort zone which is why I've been sticking to the neutrals in this palette still, I haven't found a time to actually try something different. But this is the only palette I have that'll push me out of my comfort zone and I'm excited to see what looks I'll end up creating. This palette is extremely pigmented, but I feel like it can be a little chalky looking on the palette but it blends so smoothly which is why the chalky look isn't a huge deal for me, but it can cause fall out.

  • Benefit They're Real! Mascara - This was one of favorite mascaras for a long time and I forgot about it after trying so many new ones. I got this sample size in my Sephora Play! box so I've been using this every single day since.
  • Benefit Gimme Brow Fiber Gel - I go a lot of days now without wearing a ton of makeup, yay for me. I'll slap some sunscreen onto my face, conceal some breakouts and then put this onto my brows. It fills them in and keeps them in place without looking too unnatural. I've wanted this for years now so after seeing that it's been reformulated I decided to give it a try. So amazed and in love with this product, wish I had this sooner.
  • Benefit Dallas Blush & Bronzer - I love how this product could be used as a blush or bronzer. Some days I'll use this to contour and that's all. But whenever I'm getting ready in the morning for work I'll go for the natural look and I'll use this as blush.
  • Lorac Light Source Illuminating Highlighter in Daylight - OH MY GOODNESS. GO TO YOUR LOCAL ULTA NOW AND BUY THIS RIGHT AWAY. Creamy, check. Pigmented, check. No chunky glitter, check. I really don't know how else to explain this but I use this everyday, I've been trying to alternate with all my highlighters but this one is so natural looking and it gives me that glow from within look.
(Left to right: Benefit Dallas Blush & Bronzer, Lorac Light Source Highlighter in Daylight)
  • Sephora Solid Brush Cleaner - I like this solid brush cleaner much better than using the liquids because I feel like it's much easier and convenient for me when cleaning my brushes. It doesn't make a mess and it doesn't take up all my time. It comes with this bristle thing (not sure how to describe it) that helps make the cleaning process easier. Obsessed with this, already onto my second one.
  • Ban.Do Rough Draft Notebook - I've really been into journaling lately. At the end of the day I would write down all my thoughts and everything that happened in the day that's memorable, or anything that made me upset. It's great to self reflect sometimes.
What were your July favorites?
Bloglovin - Instagram - PinterestTwitter

Latest Instagrams

© Perfect Shade of Mauve. Design by Fearne.