Why I'm Switching Back To The Beauty Blender

October 28, 2016

I've been a fan of the original beauty blender once before, but the price became too much after having to replace it every 3 to 4 months. I then switched to the cheaper alternative which was the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge. The Real Techniques sponge was only $6.99 compared to the beauty blender which retails for $20. You could get two Real Techniques sponges for less than the price of one beauty blender. I was using the miracle complexion sponge for over 2 years, and I've finally decided to switch back to the ever so famous beauty blender.


(Beauty Blender in the nude shade)
Switching back to the beauty blender had its pros and cons. I added it to my cart and then removed it a dozen times. Why? The price of course! If the beauty blender and the real techniques sponge had the same price I would've always stuck with the beauty blender. I decided on purchasing the beauty blender nude because I really like how plain it looks (I'm weird, I know).

The beauty blender looks different than the real techniques miracle complexion sponge, and I do find a difference in the texture. Whenever I use the real techniques sponge I find that it feels a little stiff and harder on my face when I'm trying to blend my foundation in. After I cleaned this beauty blender and used it to blend out my foundation I was in shock at how soft it felt against my skin. Maybe the beauty blender company should create a sponge for skin care usage, I know I would buy it.
(Beauty Blender in the nude shade vs Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge)
Another perk is that the beauty blender comes in a container where the beauty blender could be stored, on your counter or wherever. Meanwhile the real techniques sponge comes in this packaging that is hard to reuse or to hold the sponge. The picture above shows the 2 pack, but for both the 1 pack and the 2 packs the packaging is similar - bulky.

Overall, it wasn't the softness, price, or packaging that convinced me to switch back to the beauty blender. It was the fact that my real technique sponges kept on ripping. I have no idea why it was happening to me, in the past I used to have these sponges for a little over three months. Now I could barely make it to 2 weeks with the sponge. I'm not sure if there was a change in what was used to make the sponge, but even when I tried the Miracle Sculpting Sponge it gave me the same results. It happened after the second use!
(Real Techniques Miracle Sculpting Sponge)
I really do think that the $20 is worth every penny, not only are you getting a variety of color choices but you are getting a really soft sponge that lasts for a fairly long time. After using my beauty blender the first time I did have my doubts about how long it would last - but it's been 3 weeks now and it's still going strong!

Do you use a sponge to blend out your makeup?

Bloglovin - Instagram - PinterestTwitter

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Perfect Shade of Mauve. Design by Fearne.